CYCLOTRONS'13 is committed to student participation at the conference, and to that end providing differing levels of aid.
- All registered undergraduate and graduate (master’s or doctoral) students are eligible for their registration fee to be waived and accommodation to be supported by the conference. Please see the definition of student for eligibility.
- Special travel grants will be awarded to select students attending CYCLOTRONS'13. These grants will be decided by the Organizing Committee. The criteria will be based on one or all of the following:
- Submitted presentation merit;
- Recent achievements in the field attested by the supervisor;
- Funding availability.
Regrettably, the grants may not cover all the cost of attending the conference. The awarding of the grants will be communicated to the recipients by June 28, 2013.
The committee will start accepting applications from eligible students on March 13th, 2013.
All registered undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to have their registration fee waived. For traveling students accommodation will be supported by the conference. You will need to provide the name and contact information of your supervisor when filling the on-line registration form as well as a proof of being a student.
Registered participants are entitled to attend the presentations and covered for coffee breaks, some lunches, welcome reception, and banquet.
Student Definition Criteria
To be eligible for the CYCLOTRONS'13 student support you must:
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student in good standing in a program related to the topics covered by CYCLOTRONS'13 and submit a copy (scanned and e-mailed) of a document certifying your enrollment in the academic institution.
- Expect to receive your degree after March 13, 2013.
- Complete the CYCLOTRONS'13 on-line registration by the early registration deadline of July 15th, 2013.
- Submit an abstract of your presentation at CYCLOTRONS'13 and a paper by the submission deadlines.
- Be able to attend the entire conference.
For travel grant consideration, in addition to above:
- Provide a short letter explaining your need for a travel grant.
- Include a letter of support by your research advisor or supervisor attesting to your qualifications and achievements.
All applications should be sent to and must be received by May 6th, 2013.
Students who missed either the early registration or abstract/paper submission deadlines will have to pay the student registration fee of $435 and take care of their own accommodation.
It is expected that all supported students will agree to take on light duties in aiding the local organizing committee on such tasks as assisting session chair with time keeping, and working with the conference secretariat.
CYCLOTRONS'13 cannot pay students’ grants in advance. Grants will be distributed by cash payments upon arrival in Vancouver at the conference secretariat.